Find what Moves You
In full support of your organization's initiatives Neal Cross provides the experience and creative encouragement that your marketing, or development team needs to project the right image and to help create the desired lift from your marketing and Web application programs.
1/2016 - current, Duluth Georgia
UX/UI Design Engineer | Tripwire, Inc.
2/2013 - 1/2016 (3 years), Alpharetta Georgia
- Work closely with the product owner and development team members to draft wireframe and backlog specifications for network security applications.
- Create HTML/CSS + Bootstrap prototypes for user testing and backlog.
- Assist development team in an agile/scrum team environment when needed.
- Meet with stakeholders and take careful notes on recorded interviews with customers conducted by UX Research team members.
- Create style guides, personas, and workflow documents.
- In 2014, I was given the “INSPIRE-IT ON FIRE!” award for team contributions.
- Researched and wireframed 250 features of Tripwire’s IP360 product. I specified how each feature will move over to a new UI platform. SC Magazine gave the new UI a five-star rating in Jan. 2016 for flexibility and ease of use.
Creative Director | Prism Technologies, Inc.
2/2007 - 2/2013 (6 years), Norcross Georgia
- Draft, review and direct UX improvements of applications, digital signage content, online portals and APIs in a fast paced 24 hour iteration.
- Direct UI/UX and production of a CMS for digital signage content.
- Direct UX design and the day-to-day developments of multi-platform wayfinding product for the events industry (online, on-site and mobile).
- Provide UX Design and creative direction for kiosks and mobile apps.
- In 2012, Prism won two second place awards for design and content at the Digital Signage Expo for a traveling exhibition on green architecture created for Museum of Design Atlanta. I designed and directed the content development of the 8 large interactive touch screens in the exhibit.
- Directed digital content for over 100 trade show brands and events and established Prism as a leading digital product provider for the events industry.
Senior Designer | Interactive Planet, Inc. (ipi.net)
5/2004 - 2/2007 (2 years 9 months), Atlanta Georgia
- Design and develop promotional websites for EarthLink marketing.
- Design and develop product collateral for Interactive Planet.
- Designed/developed over 5 marketing promotions websites for EarthLink.
- Work closely with EarthLink’s Web team to design and architect EarthLink’s mySecurity section of their corporate website.
- Used PHP skills to create a banner ad creater application for TravelZoo.
Graphic Designer/Webmaster | Q1 Labs, Inc.
9/2002 - 2/2004 (1 years 5 months), Atlanta Georgia
Worked closely with marketing team to design and develop q1labs.com from concept through completion and on deadline. Designed and maintained company intranet. Created Flash interactive software demos to be viewed from the website. Developed consistent brand identity throughout all print and electronic media. Created newsletter template and sent out email blasts using Vertical Response.
Graphic Designer | PaySys International, Inc.
11/1999 - 5/2002 (3 years), Norcross Georgia
Designed, developed and maintained internal and external websites through two re-brandings; Delos Payment Systems and CoreCard Software. Worked closely with marketing and software development team on PowerPoint and HTML software product demos. Named "HTML Lead" by product development team.
Graphic Designer | Fleur-De-Lys Textiles
5/1999 - 11/1999 (7 months), Norcross Georgia
Worked on developing company identity. Designed packaging for bed sheets and towels. Designed layouts for encyclopedia project.
Graphic Design Intern | Willow Marketing
8/1998 - 1/1999, Indianapolis, IN
Created logos and illustrations for various clients. Participated in group brainstorming discussions. General assistance to designers: style sheet setup, scanning, presentation boards and mockups.
5/1999 Ball State University, Fine Art Graphic Design, Muncie, IN
At Tripwire, in 2014, i was given the "INSPIRE-IT ON FIRE!" award for team contributions.
Prism won two second place awards for design and content at the 2012 Digital Signage Expo for a traveling exhibition on green architecture created for Museum of Design Atlanta. I designed and directed the content development of the 8 large interactive touch screens in the exhibit.